Monday, January 01, 2007

My First Wish in 2007 - Child's Education Fund

I have one son ( 4 years old), and all I want to give him is good education. Since I have no faith in Malaysia's local university, I would like to sent him to oversea university when he finished his SPM.( 15 years later). Therefore I created this fund in 1/1/2007; My 1st Child's Education Fund.


I have allocated RM15,000 consist of 13,500 Ornasteel shares ( worth 14,310 @ RM1.06) and cash of RM690 as the initial investment in Child's education fund. I will invest additional RM2,000 every year in the next 14 year as the additional investment fund.

If I'm success full in my investment, average 20% annual compound returns on the investment fund will get me RM373K in year of 15th. ( refer table A)

if I can get 25%, my fund will reach RM644K in year 15th.( refer table B)

I wish I will success in my investment and the money is ready for my son's education financial needs when he reach age of 18.

( I will publish in this blog for any purchase / sell in this portfolio, and the monthly movement in market value)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Investing in shares market for your child education is very risky. 15 yrs later, no matter how, u need to send ur child for further education. can u predict wat is going to happen within 15 yrs?
most financial planners will not agree with ur plan ..

KC said...

I agree ! Any investment involve risk. But I am confident it is calculated risk. and the target is achievable.

This is long term investment which will reduce the risk factor, I will apply my knowledge in value investment & financial planning to make it a success.

It's always on my mind that share mkt is a risky place, and among the 10 share investor,only one is the winner, the others 9 will be the loser.

swifz said...

One egg in one basket. Good luck!

KC said...

13,500 ornasteel is my initial capital for my son's education fund.

My plan: When ornasteel reach my 1st target, I will rearange the portfolio, reduce Ornasteel to 40%, 30% cash & balance 30% invest in icap, let the pro to grow it.