Friday, December 29, 2006

My Investment Journey

Now is the end of year 2006, this is the right time to revisit my investment journey.

I started to buy shares in year 1993 when I was work in one of the securities company in KL. At that time I knew nothing about equity investment, During that period (1993-1996) I bought shares merely base on hearsay & tips. As a result; making losses, luckily only small amount.

In year 1996 - 2003, I have learn from my past mistake, therefore I bought shares in those Companies/ Industries that I knew, loss some, make some, fortunately I make some net gain. Only a small gain.

Feb 2004 is an important date in my investment journey, I have subscript my 1st I-Capital (print version), I also read some Investment Books. I study the new development & financial results of the Companies that I followed. As a results; I have paid off my housing loan and created my 1st investment fund from my investment gain.

Summaries below are my ' homework's' that make me succeed in my investment journey:-
(Hopeful can give some guard to the younger reader)

1) Subscript to I-Capital print version - I learn about the development in world market ( Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore & US), Stock analysis (In-depth) & new development in local market (Bursa Malaysia).

2) Acquire investment knowledge by READING - 'How to pick stock like Warren Buffett' by Timothy Vick, 'Security Analysis' & 'Intelligent Investor' by Benjamin Graham.

3) Study latest news & development in Companies by reading news - The Edge, The Star & Sin Chew daily.

4) Access to Internet website/blogger for information & opinion - Bursa malaysia website, Theedgedaily website, Malaysia-finance blogspot, Where is ze moola blogspot.

5) To learn from TA trader for some trading strategies - access to 'talk stock with doc' blogspot & 'trade bursa malaysia' blogspot. ( example: do not enter when price suddenly plunge)

6) Keep the right investment attitude - Be patient, do not get into speculative stock, limit your stock owned to not more than 10 counter, know your limit, do not over commit, no contra play. Only buy shares in companies/ industries that you know.

7) ALWAYS INSIST ON 'VALUE INVESTMENT'

No comments: