Friday, June 27, 2008

MUIIND - A CONVERSATION

Giap Seng : For Parkson at RM5.00, it is very attractive for me, and the business in China promise good prospects.

For MUIIND, what is the actual attractive points for you to hold on to MUIIND? You used to compared MUIIND with warrant, however, you do not touch on the strength or attractiveness of the business model of MUIIND (It has a lot of business, eg hotel, consumer, property, food, investment bank, etc).

For a stock to be qualified to be in the children education portfolio, I wish to listen to your views on MUIIND especially. I myself had gone through several articles in the Icapital, and to me, MUIIND is still a company going through re-structuring to bring down the debt. Hence, to you, is MUIIND just a turn-around play, or you actually see something which makes it qualified to be your long-term holding in the children education portfolio?

KC : I have stop updating my son's portfolio, but I still keep Muiind, lionDiv & Parkson in his portfolio.

My son's portfolio is a long term fund, I like
Muiind for it's valuable assets. To be honest, I do not do the analysis but depend on I-Cap write-up. At price of just 26 sen, it enable us to participate in a Conglomerate that owned many assets in local & overseas. (please note that it's book value is not reflective of the current market value, but at cost) The price has factor in the negative side of the Group, when Muiind finished it's job of painful restructuring, the real values of the Company will emerge.

All are about Risk & Rewards calculation, the returns will be huge if the price double in 3 years.

P/S: This is only my own opinion, I do believe you are better than me in Equity Investment, you are most welcome to express your opinion/view on any stock here!

4 comments:

Chen said...

I'm not an expert, but I have confidence in this MUIIND...when they really if make it , they believe they will jump high!

Anonymous said...

KC,

Parkson 2nd July 2008, selling at RM4.74.

The panic buying button triggered...

Giap Seng

KC said...

Parkson may go down to 4.60,4.20 or below 4.00 as predicted by most of the investor. I dont know !

It may rebound or may not.

I acted what I plan ! Risk & Rewards calculation.

The most important thing is you must know what u r doing. Plan for the best, Prepared for the worse.

I only see value when it continue to drop.

Is there something for us as small shareholders ? Parkson keep buying back their shares.

I hope it will be 'Special Dividend'

Anonymous said...

I attended the MUIIND AGM last week while I was in KL.

I think Khoo Kay Peng is quite a sincere guy. He directly admitted that the company is not in a position to pay any dividend in the immediate future.

But with the current market plunging, MUIIND may not be able to sell off their low yield asset that fast to reduce their finance cost.

For Parkson, I like the long term China growth story, and hence, I do not mind catching some falling knives.

You talked about the risk and reward calculation on MUIIND and PARKSON. Can you please share? How do you quantify the risk for MUIIND and PARKSON?

Giap Seng